You can choose to use either Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 or MySQL databases with your hosting plan, dedicated or virtual server.
For the smaller website you can also use Microsoft Access 2000 or greater with our Windows Hosting plans.
Our Shared SQL Services include:
- Multiple daily snapshots of databases retained for up to 5 days
- Daily backup retained for up to 7 days
- Backup recovery of MySQL databases via MySQL Admin.
- Backup recovery of Microsoft SQL Database via FTP client.
- Secure VPN connection for remote administration of your database.
Are SQL Databases on the same Server as my website?
No. Our SQL database servers are independent from our web servers. This ensures optimum server configuration and performance for your databases.
Are my SQL Databases backed-up?
Yes! See our Backup Policy for details.
Can I download a copy of my Database?
Yes! You can retrieve a copy of your MySQL database via the MySQL admin interface. For Microsoft SQL servers we provide you with an FTP account.
How do I connect to my Database?
DSNLess connections can be used to connect to your database(s).
Is remote administration of my database via a Secure VPN connection?
Yes! Access to our SQL Database Servers for the remote administration of your database is via a Secure VPN connection.
You can remotely administer your database using options that include:
- Microsoft’s SQL Management Studio or Enterprise Manager
- Microsoft’s Visual Studio’s Database Project
For MySQL Databases
- Transact SQL running via dynamic web pages (PHP, ASP & ASP.NET) within your website
- PHP web interface
Got a question?
Call the sales team on 020 3327 7399 or we can call you.
Prices shown exclude VAT unless stated