Server Backup and Recovery
We have worked with R1Soft for many years, during which time we have found them to provide a robust backup and server recovery solution that meets our requirements and those of our customer.
R1Soft Continuous Data Protection is high-performance disk-to-disk server backup software for servers, featuring a central management and data repository. After completing one initial replica of all your desired data, Continuous Data Protection (CDP) can complete virtual full server backups in just minutes. Your data is protected at the block-level and unique disk blocks on your server are stored only once across all recovery points, increasing storage efficiency.
- Backup of server to local disk safe repository
- Off-site replication of local disk safe for added security
- Automatic data protection
- Fast individual file/folder recovery
- Bare metal recovery – Full system recovery
Potential reasons for critical data loss are:
- Human Error – Upload of the wrong or corrupted file/data
- Accidental Deletion – Easily done and a surprisingly common occurrence
- Computer Virus – A constant threat, despite all the precautions you take
- Hardware Failure – Virtual Dedicated Servers dictate this is almost impossible, but with hardware dedicated this is always a possibility due to the very nature of the constant moving parts within a hard drive
- Operating System/Software Failure – An unknown quantity, failures do happen
- Near Continuous Data Protection
- Over 100 Recovery Points per Day
- Backup Windows reduced to seconds or minutes
- Disk Imaging
- Differential and Incremental Backups
- End-to-End Strong Encryption
- Open File Backups
- Point-in-time Snapshots
- Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) Support
- Windows Registry and System State
- Data Integrity verified with MD5 checksums
- SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley Act)
- GLBA (Gramm-Leach-Bliley)
- Bare-Metal Restore
- Restore specific files/folders
- End-user file/folder recovery using Web Interface
- Windows Registry and System State
- Event History and Logs via Ajax Web Interface
- Store events in Windows Event Log
- Single Easy-to-use Web Interface for all your computers
- Scheduling (minutely, hourly, daily, weekly, monthly)
- Schedule automatic Backup and Restore Jobs
BTP (Block Transfer Protocol) network protocol
- Agent authentication using RSA keys
- Blowfish encryption used in transit
- Data verified on both ends using MD5 checksums
- Zero-copy Network Protocol delivers high-performance Backup and Restore
- Efficiently archive data for long-term Disk-based Storage
- Archive unlimited amounts of Data and Recovery Points
- Archive files off-site in an open standard format (ZIP or TAR)
- Download archives directly through your Web Interface
Backup Server location
In order to make use of the Bare metal/full server recovery feature the backup servers need to remain local.
Should you require off-site backups or data archiving we can arrange for the required data to be stored at another location.
Base Backup Plan
First 10Gb of backup vault space – Depending on the level of file compression achieved and the amount of file versions the backup vault could store up to 20Gb of actual server content including versions.
- Daily backup retained for 7 days
- Your own web interface for individual file/folder recovery
We can work with you to customise your exact backup requirements. It is important to remember that the more restore points kept will increase the backup vault size required.
Talk to our sales team about your requirements on 020 3327 7399 or we can call you.